Monday, August 6, 2012

Masala Bhindi

Bhindi is my second(first is brinjal :) most favorite vegetable.I have been eating this masala bhindi since I was a kid.My mom makes it the best.She is aware of my likingand ensure that she has it prepared on the very first day of my visit to house.On the other hand we have our friend who demand this dish whenever they come over to my house. I am sure you would also like the taste.




Samagri(Ingredients)
  • 500gm Bhindi(Okra)
  • 3 Tomatoes cut length wise
  • Oil for frying +1 tsp
  • A pinch of asafoetida(hing)
  • 1/2 cup fresh Coriander
  • For Masala
  • 1/4 cup ground peanuts
  • 1 tsp degi mirch
  • 2 tsp kitchen king masala or 1 tsp garam masala
  • 2 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • Salt to taste
Vidhi(Direction)
  • Mix all dry ingredients for masala.
  • Wash,clean the Bhindis and pat dry them and cut into bite size pieces.
  • Deep fry them in oil or shallow fry them in kadahi.Keep a watch on the color so it always remains green.
  • Heat a pan with a tsp of oil add asafoetida(hing) and tomatoes.Fry till tomatoes get soft.
  • Now add fried Bhindi and Masala cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Add coriander.
  • Serve with Roti or Naan.











2 comments:

  1. A Different taste... surprisingly awesome.
    My brother loved it and took some of it for his spouse too.. this is how u change food habit.. by giving something different...
    I can say it's different. Everyone please try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...